Wednesday, January 2, 2013

EAT // Summer Smoothies (Tropiberry)

Hey it's Summer! And with loads of beautiful fruits around, it's just the perfect time for making delicious fruit smoothies!


I have been experimenting with different flavours and over the next few weeks will bring you a series of delicious recipes - all 100% natural and healthy for all those with new years resolutions!

The first is the adorable Tropiberry, a great kick start to the morning.


You'll need (serves one):
  • 1/2 Mango
  • 2 slices of Pineapple (I just buy the tinned variety in natural juice as I am not good with big knives)
  • 1 Banana (thanks Gwen Stefani for helping me spell that everytime!)
  • 1/3 cup Frozen Berries
  • 2T Natural Yoghurt
  • 1 cup 100% Orange Juice (freshly squeezed is best)
  • 3 - 4 Ice Cubes 
  • Mint Leaves to garnish

What you need to do:
Place all the ingredients in a blender (I use a StickMaster) and 'jooosh' until all combined (make sure all the lumpy bits are gone).

I like to serve with a couple more ice blocks (especially on a hot day) and a mint leaf from my garden.



No comments:

Post a Comment